fluconazole 400 mg is an antifungal medication. It is use in the treatment of fungal infections of the vagina such as burning, itching, and discharge. It kills fungi by destroying their cell membrane.
fluconazole 400 mg is for external use only.
Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
It is best to use it at night time for better results.
Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the medicine.
Do not stop using it until you have finished the complete course, even when you feel better.
You must consult with your doctor if you do not see any improvement within 3 days of treatment. Read More : fluconazole
USES OF CLOCIP TABLET VT
Fungal infections of vagina
Treatment of Fungal infections
- Liver failure warning. This drug may cause you to develop liver failure. Your doctor may check your liver function with blood tests while you take this drug. If you develop liver failure from taking this drug, it’s usually reversible once you stop taking it.
- Skin rashes warning. This drug can cause a severe rash that can cause death. You should stop taking the drug if you develop any rashes.
- Irregular heart rhythm warning. This drug can change how your heartbeats. This change puts you at risk for a life-threatening heart rhythm condition called torsades de pointes. Your risk of heart rhythm problems is higher if you were born with a certain heart rhythm condition, you have a low potassium level, or you take antipsychotic drugs or certain antidepressants.
- Adrenal gland problems. This drug can cause you to develop adrenal gland problems. Your adrenal gland produces hormones that affect many normal bodily functions. This problem may be reversible after stopping the drug.
- Fetal harm warning. This drug may cause harm to the fetus if taken during pregnancy. Talk with your doctor if you can get pregnant. You may need to use birth control to prevent pregnancy while taking this drug.
Why it’s use
Fluconazole 400 mg is use to prevent and treat candidiasis. This condition is cause by infection with one of the many types of the fungus Candida. Examples of candidiasis include vaginal yeast infection, as well as oral yeast infection (thrush).
Candidiasis can also cause infections on other parts of your body, including your throat, esophagus, lungs, and blood. People who have had bone marrow transplants may be treated with fluconazole 400 mg to prevent candidiasis. This is because their immune systems are weakened, which makes them more likely to become infected with a severe form of candidiasis.
Fluconazole is also used to treat meningitis (infection of the brain and spinal cord) that’s caused by the fungus Cryptococcus.
How it works
Fluconazole 400 mg belongs to a class of drugs called triazole antifungals. A class of drugs is a group of medications that work in a similar way. These drugs are often used to treat similar conditions.
Fluconazole 400 mg works by blocking the ability of the fungi Candida and Cryptococcus to reproduce. For people with infections from these fungi, this drug helps to get rid of the infection. For people at higher risk of candidiasis, it helps to prevent infection.
Fluconazole side effects
Fluconazole 400 mg isn’t known to cause drowsiness, but it can cause other side effects.
More common side effects
The more common side effects of fluconazole 400 mg oral tablet depend on how much of the drug you need to take. These side effects can include:
- nausea or upset stomach
- stomach pain
- changes in the way food tastes
- severe rash in people with lowered immunity