Filitra 20 Mg
Filitra 20 mg is use as a treatment therapy for managing erectile dysfunction symptoms in men. These tablets are also use for the therapy of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Pulmonary Arterial Hyperplasia. It has Vardenafil as its active ingredient which is a PDE5 inhibitor. When sexually aroused, Filitra tablets relax the blood vessels and dilate them to facilitate blood flow. Enhanced blood levels cause a firm erection that stays for a prolonged period. It is apt for people who have allergic reactions to Sildenafil and Tadalafil. A tablet 30-60 minutes before the anticipation of sexual activity can help attain an erection in ED patients, and for the management of other disorders – PAH and BPH, one tablet should taken orally every day around the same time.
How Does Filitra Work
Erectile dysfunction is a common condition affecting men of all ages wherein they are not able to get a penile erection and when they get it, are not able to maintain it to enjoy sexual activity. The active ingredient in Filitra, Vardenafil, is a PDE5 (phosphodiesterase 5) inhibitor. It works to counteract the action of the phosphodiesterase enzyme which widens the blood vessels and facilitates the flow of blood into the penis. The increase flow of blood aids in getting an erection and helps sustain it.
Under normal circumstances, nitric oxide is discharge into the penile tissue upon sexual stimulation.
Nitric oxide is responsible for the generation of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) that supervises the dilation & contractor of blood-carrying vessels to control the blood flow into the penis and supports the attainment of an erection.
As a part of the natural feedback mechanism, an enzyme call Phosphodiesterase type 5 hinders the activity of cGMP to deter the erection.
Vardenafil restricts the PDE 5 enzyme’s action on cGMP to extend the duration of the erection.
Uses Of Filitra
Apart from being an effective treatment medication for Erectile Dysfunction, Filitra tablets are also prescribe for the following conditions:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia – a condition where the prostate gland enlarges resulting in difficulties urinating.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension – a disorder of pulmonary arteries that causes elevated blood pressure in them.
It is crucial to follow the doctor’s instructions to get positive results. For ED, the pill should take 30-60 minutes prior to the planned activity. For BPH & PAH, one tablet is usually advised to be consumed every day around the same time.
- The tablet should consume whole orally with a glass of water. It is advised not to crush, break, or chew the pill.
- The tablet should taken with food.
- No more than one tablet should be consume within 24 hours.
- The chances of missing a dose are low as the medication is administered as and when required.
- If you miss a dose when advised for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia & Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, take it as soon as you remember. However, if the scheduled time for your next dose is close you should skip the dose and then continue with your regular schedule.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage, one tablet per day, to avoid experiencing adverse health impacts.
Sticking to the recommend dosage is important as overdosing may seriously impair your health. If you feel palpitations, breathing difficulties, loss of consciousness, and vision abnormalities, seek medical attention immediately. This is not an exhaustive list of symptoms, in case you feel anything that seems concerning, consult your doctor for further assessment.